FREE Government Funded Self Employment Training
Are you considering your career options? Is it time to START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Check out the Self-Employment Training at Microbusiness Training Centre. It’s a training program designed to help Albertans get into business quickly. If you qualify, you could be eligible for FREE Government funding or Learner Income Support while you are taking Self-Employment Training. To qualify, you must be unemployed, retired, semi-retired, working part-time (less than 20 hours a week) or employed but not working at your skill level, and want to learn how to START YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
To be eligible for Government funding or income support while you take training, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI);
- Have received EI in the past 5 years;
- Have contributed sufficient employee premiums towards EI during 5 of the past 10 years;
- Currently receiving Income Support from Alberta Works;
- Not receiving EI may allow you to qualify for Learner Income Support based on yourpersonal financial circumstances;
- Other Albertans may qualify if you are not receiving EI or Income Support funding, but have the personal financial resources to support yourself through self-employment training.
The Self-Employment Training Program features:
- 8 weeks full-time classroom learning with experienced facilitators, business coaches and entrepreneurs helping you gain business skills and develop your own professional Business Plan.
- 18 weeks professional business coaching that follows classroom training to help you through the start-up phase and launch your business.
- 3 months of additional business coaching, mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Interactive and motivational group learning experiences in a small class setting.
- Guest Speaker Program including legal, accounting, finance, marketing and social media specialists, former Microbusiness students and more.
- Synchronous e-Learning training platform can offer northern Albertans an opportunity to join the training classroom through Zoom Room technology infrastructure/internet based training. Participants are provided with the same instruction, training schedule, training modules, templates, assignment schedule and resources as those participants seated in the classroom.
- Join Networking Sessions to meet other successful business owners.
- Feature for your business in “Success Stories” at www.microbusiness.ca or on Facebook.
- A convenient location in the downtown core. Easy access by bus and LRT. Self-parking available.
Reserve a spot at the weekly Information Session, Wednesdays at 2:00 pm.
Call: 780-482-4462, email: email@example.com or message us on Facebook.