FREE Government Funded Self Employment Training
With the COVID restrictions being lifted in Alberta, there are so many opportunities for small business. Check out the Self-Employment Training Program at Microbusiness Training Centre. You can access the Self Employment Training easily now online. This program is designed to help you develop business skills, write a solid business plan and launch your small business.
You could qualify for FREE Government funding or Foundational Learning Assistance while taking Self-Employment Training. To be eligible for Government funding, you need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI);
- Have received EI in the past 5 years;
- Have contributed sufficient employee premiums towards EI during 5 of the past 10 years;
- Currently receiving Income Support from Alberta Works;
- Not receiving EI may allow you to qualify for Foundational Learning Assistance based on your personal financial circumstances;
- Other Albertans may qualify if they are not receiving EI or FLA, but have the personal financial resources to support themselves during self-employment training.
The virtual Self-Employment Training Program at Microbusiness offers:
- Individuals in the greater Edmonton Region and northern Alberta an opportunity to take online classroom training through a Zoom platform. You receive live-stream facilitated instruction, training schedule, training modules, business templates, assignment schedules, individual coaching, access to guest speakers, industry experts and resources.
- 8 weeks full-time online learning with experienced facilitators, business coaches and entrepreneurs helping you gain business skills and develop your own professional Business Plan.
- 18 weeks professional business coaching and mentoring that follows your online classroom experience to help you launch your business.
- 3 months of additional business coaching, mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Interactive and motivational group learning experiences in small online class setting.
- Guest Speaker & Industry Experts include valuable legal, accounting, finance, marketing and social media advice. Meet former Microbusiness grads and more.
- Inclusion in Zoom Group Networking Sessions online to meet other successful business owners.
- Feature for your business in “Success Stories” on the Microbusiness website.
To learn more, join an online Information Session offered every Wednesday at 2:00 pm.