FREE Government Funded Self Employment Training
Are you considering your career options? Is it time to START YOUR OWN BUSINESS? Check out the Self-Employment Training at Microbusiness Training Centre. It’s a training program designed to help Albertans get into business quickly. If you qualify, you could be eligible for FREE Government funding or Learner Income Support while you are taking Self-Employment Training. To qualify, you must be unemployed, retired, semi-retired, working part-time (less than 20 hours a week) or employed but not working at your skill level, and want to learn how to START YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
To be eligible for Government funding or income support while you take training, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits;
- Have received Employment Insurance (EI) in the past 3 years;
- Have received Maternity or Paternity Employment Insurance (EI) benefits in the last five years;
- Be in receipt of Income Support from Alberta Works;
- If you are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or Alberta Works funding you may qualify for Learner Income Support based on your personal financial circumstances;
- You may also qualify as an Other Albertan if you are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or Alberta Works funding, but have the personal financial resources to support yourself through SE training.
The Self-Employment Training Program features:
- 8 weeks full-time classroom learning with experienced facilitators, business coaches and entrepreneurs helping you gain business skills and develop your own professional Business Plan.
- 18 weeks professional business coaching that follows classroom training to help you through the start-up phase and launch your business.
- 6 months additional business coaching and mentoring to help you become sustainable.
- Interactive and motivational group learning experiences in a small class setting.
- Guest Speaker Program including legal, accounting, finance, marketing and social media specialists, business owners, former Microbusiness clients and more.
- Comfortable classroom with access to WiFi and hi-speed internet.
- Networking Sessions to meet other successful business owners.
- Feature for your business in “Success Stories” at www.microbusiness.ca or on Facebook.
- A convenient location in the downtown core. Easy access by bus and LRT. Self-parking available.
Reserve a spot at the weekly Information Session, Wednesdays at 2:00 pm.
Call: 780-482-4462, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook.